D620 Lost Wireless and Video problem after update from 10.6.2 to 10.6.8

tak0209

Hi all,

I recently installed Leopard 10.6.2 to my D620 with intel GMA950 and everything works fine (sound, graphic, and wireless) until I update to 10.6.8.

AirPort shows no device. What can I do? I am new to this...

thanks.

Run EDP 1.9.2 , should help.

Hi all,

I recently installed Leopard 10.6.2 to my D620 with intel GMA950 and everything works fine (sound, graphic, and wireless) until I update to 10.6.8.

AirPort shows no device. What can I do? I am new to this...

thanks.

Hi

Do you have a broadcom wifi inside, if yes, do rebranding with the steps on wiki and latest EDP it should working fine.

Hi

Do you have a broadcom wifi inside, if yes, do rebranding with the steps on wiki and latest EDP it should working fine.

Thanks guys for the quick response. Actually, I have a Dell E1505 1501 6400 Wireless WIFI DW1390 that I have replaced and it's working great with the initial install of 10.6.3 SL.

I will try the EDP when I get a chance...I tried a lot of things and now it has kernal panic which I have no idea how to fix so it's re-install for the 15 times :(

Are there any reading material for the noob...

Thanks again!

Make sure wireless is enabled in the BIOS, and the switch on the left side is on, Then go to Sys pref-- Network and see if the wireless card is recognized.

In my laptop the Dell 1390 is even recognized by OSX installer.

Here is how my Network looks :

NK.tiff

Andy,

The wi-fi was working before the upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. I did double check on BIOS and the button on the left side and they are set to ON.

Which SL version are you running? I googled other site and someone mentioned about rebanding...what is that?

Thanks.