Latitude E6420 Nvs4200M El Capitan 10.11.1 + Clover v3320 questions nad problems

kaspar

hello. i decided to upgrade my system and I used Jake Lo's guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54632

allmost everything works fine when using USB for boot, but when I try to boot from disk, i loose USB-ports. So what is wrong? 

this is first time using Clover so it's quite confusing how to set up the machine, installer and where to install and copy things. f.e. any help is appreciated

stupid questions will follow, maybe some other newbie as me have same questions... so here we go:

1 How do i have to set up the settings etc to get everything work from HDD?

for Latitude E6420 Nvs4200M i used Legacy options - (in the guite: For Exx20 (SandyBridge models), use Legacy - GUID Scheme. Not UEFI)

do I have to make USB installer using Legacy or UEFI Boot Sequence in BIOS? or it does not make a difference?

When installing Clover (version Clover_v2.3k_r3320) into the USB installer I used only:

• Install Clover in the ESP
  • Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR
  • CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA
  • Preference panel

is it right? or i need to install RC scripts also?

weird, when booting it shows newer version of Clover than 3320. ???

2. I Used Generic EFI folder (EFI.zip) + E6x20 NVS.zip (downloaded from the same page). 

It took a while figuring out where to put file in E6x20 NVS.zip. At last i checked original EFI folder before replacing EFI folder for new one - it helped to figure out things a little bit.

Still questions: 

where do i have to put the kexts in folder Other. Leave them as they are (Other folder) or make a 10.11 folder in the USB stick’s EFI partition?

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others ?

or 

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 ?

3. When installing El Capitan into the harddrive same questions raised:

ido i have to install sing Legacy or UEFI Boot Sequence in BIOS? or it does not make a difference?

installing Clover into the hard drive i used only:

Install Clover in the ESP

Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR

CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

Preference panel

is it right? or i need to install RC scripts option also?

4. When generating ssdt.aml with ssdtPRGen.sh

where do i have copy the ssdt.dsl ?

5. In    /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched  is dsdt.aml file. how do i generate a new one? or it’s not a must do thing?

6. Where do i have to put config.plist? I modified the one which is on EFI partition (in CLOVER folder). 

7. when  copying kexts to hard drive:

where do i have to put the kexts in folder Other. Leave them as they are (Other folder) or make a 10.11 folder in the USB stick’s EFI partition?

P.S. it seems that one of the generators needs internet connection to work properly!

8. When using  EFI Mounter app do i have to unmount the volumes before proceeding?

anyway, thank you Jake Lo and others for the great installer guides and tips!

any help is appreciated. :P

_____

Intel Core i5 2520M (integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000)

8 Gb RAM
NVIDIA NVS 4200M
HiRes 1600x900 LCD
WIFI - Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 (not working yet, using WIFI stick)
bios A22
I think it is Sandy bridge version.
Optimus is disabled in BIOS.

• Moderators

1) Legacy is correct. No need for preference pane and rc script on USB Installer, only on the Installed drive

The guide never mentioned about renaming, so stick with Other

Files are newer than v3320 because you replaced them with v3556 from my EFI folder or you installed newer version of Clover

2) Kexts in Other can remain there, no need to move or rename anything. Guide never mentioned about renaming...so stick with the guide

3) Guide said to see Note1 for SandyBridge which you have and use Legacy Mode..UEFI doesn't work for me and causes hang

Install Preference Pane and RC Script to installed drive

4) In guide, it states

• Place generated SSDT.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

5) No need, just use the DSDT as is. Patched by Wern to make nvs4200m sleep capable. 

6) Keep Config.plist where it is /EFI/Clover

7) Keeps the kext in Other as they are, only place kexts in Other/LE to /Library/Extension as stated in the guide

8) No need to unmount, it'll unmount after you reboot or shutdown

Hi OSX-Latitude Team,

Now I have tried following steps for El Capitan Install. I used procedure give by Jake Lo

"Dell Latitude/Inspiron/Precision - El Capitan Clover Guide"

Used the latest clover ver r3911 , then replaced the file in EFI folder in EFI partition with Generic EFI from EFI.zip.

Replaced (ACPI , Kexts and config.plist)  copied from 6420.zip file.

in clover boot up menu under options used -v  nv_disable=1.

USB starts booting and after slow boot and lots of text lines it stops at " waiting for DSMOS..."

Please help me , what do I need to do to proceed further.

Thanks