E5450 broadwell - Can i update to Sierra?

minhhien1996

I am currently at 10.11.3, everything work fine. Now I wonder if I can upgrade to Sierra directly from store, or I must reinstall.

And if I upgrade to Sierra, is there anything must be fixed (clover, kexts...)?

I have only one machine, and I must work with it everyday, so I would like to know if everything is fine before giving it a try.

• Administrators

Clover will allow you to simply update by running the Sierra installation app. Most things that worked under EC should work under Sierra. There will be exceptions like your audio control buttons for instance.

If you only have that machine and cannot sustain to lose it, I would recommend you create a separate partition for Sierra or, should you wish to upgrade your existing setup, make a clone of your existing EC partition.

Failing that, update to 10.11.6 and wait until other people report their own Sierra experience on this E5450 model.

maybe the sierra installer app is the problem, i uninstalled it then download again, make a bootable usb and now it works. I updated to sierra, everything work fine.

But I dont know how to remove the macOS install boot option, which was from the sierra app and does not disappear after i uninstall sierra app

• Administrators

you have to enable show hidden files then delete hidden .ai file on the root of the drive partition

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

to disable hidden files re run with NO

you also have to go to the apple icon on the top left and force quit finder so that it refreshes finder and shows the hidden files.