E7440: some issues with Sierra

Alex Rivera

I installed 10.12 on my Dell yesterday  and updated to 10.12.1 beta 4. Trackpad ofcourse empty in preferences (known issue). Got wifi working (DW1550).The problem for me is audio and brightness. fn+insert -> brightness up and fn+f3-> brightness down are working but in strange range. I can have very bright display or no backlitght at all. If you know fix for audio, just point me the direction and Ill manage. I have perfectly working 10.11.3 on this setup and used ssdt and dsdt from that system. Am I missing something?

Install these 3 kexts to /System/Library/Extensions ToSLE.zip

• AppleHDA_ALC292.kext
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • EAPDFix.kext

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If it fails re-run all commands again.

Reboot

Mine is working OK so far: 

post-67594-0-84380900-1476399019_thumb.png

Alex could You please share ps2 kext that you're using? Wanna try. On mine 3 finger gestures only work for movement up and right. If I could get it to work if 4 directions Sierra could be my daily driver. Hdmi audio patch is the same as El Cap?

Use Dr Hurt's latest (Release 4, posted yesterday). Should work perfectly on your E7440. It certainly does on my E6440.

Unfortunately it doesn't for me. I have patched trackpad.prefPane, maybe this is an issue? I use Rehabman's last kext and it works great but no gestures. Dr Hurt's RC4 is choppy and not smooth for me, but gives me gestures. Merge of those 2 would be perfect ;)

Could You please upload oryginal prefPane? I deleted mine unfortunately

Edit:

Nevermind. I left Sierra for now. 2nd time when put to sleep got black screen (fan was working), nothing worked so I pushed power. Next boot sdd corrupted, not able to repair. I had to format. Im not going to install it 3rd time. One good thing is that I made image of working state of sierra. Maybe later I will try again, but not now