E7440: some issues with Sierra

Alex Rivera

Tried that and it changes nothing.

Another issue. Im having trouble getting my e7440 to post. Everytime I shut down my 10.12.3 I can't make my dell to boot at all (have to wait and try again many times). I mean no bios even. I had this issue before and motherboard was at fault? Does Your also not boot from time to time? Is it maybe related to osx? Maybe dsdt patching brokes something? I dont know :(

@kfiatos: did you patch your DSDT USB controllers with power management code?

@Alex Rivera: one way to fix the iTunes movies issues is to use the Shiki kext. Known to fix green screen problems on Ivy Bridge and can also fix issues on Haswell iGPUs.

Thanks Hervé

Shiki kext works and fixes several problems with streaming codecs and iTunes trailers/videos, at least under E7440 with HD4400. I can finally browse Twitter and other websites without fearing a sudden freeze...

Just install these in Clover kexts folder: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/

Fixes freezes:

IntelGraphicsFixup Lilu

iTunes trailers/videos:

Shiki

I'm getting these message from iTunes movies though... maybe my display is not HDCP compatible? I bet I could play iTunes movies on MS Windows/iTunes when I had it installed.

post-108175-0-75087100-1492627827_thumb.png

• Like 1

Schiller, i have an e7240 which I believe has similar configs like your e7440. All works great in my 10.12.6 except left mouse clicks dont and bluetooth.  Can you help me figure out or share the kexts and I can try. thanks