[SOLVED] E6520: DSDT patch for SD card reader

El Capitán

• Administrators

This patch should work as is for all E6x20, E6x30, E6x40 and other same generation Latitude laptops. Don't change the PCI ids to your own card reader's, it would not work since you'd be injecting your own existing ids so it'd be like telling your left arm it's the left arm. You must keep pretending to have Apple's own hardware, that the whole essence of the patch.

The patch works on my E6220/E6230/E6440.

Thanks Hervé.  The DSDT patch didn't work on my E6520 even after successful compilation.  I edited the DSDT directly using MaciASL.  I generated my DSDT and SSDT from a Linux Live USB.  I was never able to get Clover to generate them using F4 or Fn F4. 

I got my SD card slot working using VoodooSDHC.  But was hoping to avoid it if at all possible.

According to IORegistryExplorer, the SD patch is present and is showing the correct vendor and device IDs.  But nothing happens when I insert an SD card into the slot and no logs are generated in the system.log file.  I may not have applied the patch to the correct device.  Attached are my origin and patched DSDT files + a screen cap of the IOReg output.  I'm using JakeLo's NVS4200M DSDT.  

Thanks!

e6520-sdhc.zip