Sierra E6230 no audio, not perfect touchpad

mringis

I'm going to hijack this thread for my own audio issues.

Like others in this thread, everything works for me great except audio.

Fresh install of MacOS 10.12.3 on Latitude E6230 with Core I5 2.59Ghz using clover.  I've read through this thread, and tried a few things, but nothing has worked for me yet, and now I'm afraid I may have messed up things.

I downloaded AppleHDA_IDT-92HD93.kext from this thread and put it in /Library/Extensions .  I edited my config.plist to look like this:

POblX8f.png

Is there another step that I'm missing?  Should there still be AppleHDA.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/LE ?  Any other HDA kext in /Library/Extensions ?  I'm a little confused.

• Moderators

Disable the 1st and the last patch showing in your screenshot.

Make sure you have vanilla AppleHDA in /S/L/E

run the permission fix and rebuild cache commands. 

Make sure no error like 77 at the end. Error 17 is okay.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Thanks for the reply.  I disabled the 1st and last patch in the screenshot (I'm assuming ticking the 'disable' column is sufficient) and saved the file.  Checked and made sure I had an AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E , no problem there.  Ran permissions fix, nothing too glaring there, but still no sound after reboot.  Is there some sort of log i could sift through?

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
KernelCache ID: C19C0F9AA5534E774982D43BFEF07681
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.
Should we continue here? 2 copying //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey to /Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.boot.P/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey: No such file or directory
Should we continue here? 2 copying //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EFILoginLocalizations to /Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.boot.P/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EFILoginLocalizations: No such file or directory
Successfully updated disk0s3.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

AppleHDA_IDT-92HD93.kext is missing. Do you have it in /Library/Extensions?

Yes I do. I just deleted it and re-downloaded and added it to /Library/Extensions and re-ran the permissions. This time I got error 77, ran it a second time and it looked more like my previous output above. Not sure what else to try.