Dell Precision M4800 - MacOS Sierra

howoarang

Hi, if you need, these files I'm using now for correctly boot M4800 to Mac OS Sierra.

I recommended install Clover with this options and it is the same for USB Sierra installer and for boot Mac OS Sierra too:

- Install for UEFI booting only

- Install Clover in the ESP

- Drivers 64UEFI -> CsmVideoDxe-64

-> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64

post-4953-0-47142100-1481778808_thumb.jpg

Also you have to set UEFI boot in BIOS, and DISABLE OPTIMUS.

There are 3 kexts in SLE folder. These kexts you can install to your SLE folder after install Sierra on your disk. Its is not needed for USB Sierra installer. These kexts are for SOUND only.

m4800 for Mac OS Sierra.zip

• Like 2

Finally I've updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.2 and I've updated to newest kexts from Rehabman repo. But on my M4800, internal display connector is eDP, so currently I've not found any solution to install macOS with optimus disabled option to use K1100M graphic card. (Black screen problem  :( )

And currently I've one issue. On windowsOS, all USB ports (excepted eSATA bundle USB 2.0) has worked normally as 3.0 speed. But on macOS, 02 ports at left side only working as USB 2.0. Anyone has this problem?

@howoarang: thank you so much! 

Hi, I have problem with USB ports on the left side too, under OSX. I think, it is caused with low power.

This is my detection under OS Sierra on my M4800:

If I want use some small or pocket USB key (it doesn't matter on capacity), it works properly via all of the USB ports (1, 2, 3, 4 and eSata)

But, if I want use external HDD (fe. 2,5" HDD WD Elemetns 500GB), it works and shows as connected on USB 3.0 Bus only in one port on the right side (USB 3.0 speed) and also on eSata port (USB 2.0 speed). This HDD is connected via single cable.

There is another problem with Sierra on this mobile workstation. I found not working audio output. Internal speakers works properly, also HDMI/DP output works, but if I connect headphones to 3,5mm audio output on the left side, it shows headphones connected, volume bars shows as working too, but withoud sound.

Yes, it works with latest version of CodecCommander.kext installed in SLE.

And now some informations about sleep:

With Fn+F2 keys, system can go to hybernate mode. But wake up doesn't. Clover recoignize, that system is hybernated, it boot and then restart.

Sleep also doesn't work.

Thanks