Dell Precision M4800 - MacOS Sierra

howoarang

• Administrators

Only the webcam and the security chip are seen in IOReg. If it's a DW1550 you have, it may need to go into a WWAN/combo PCIe-USB slot for Bluetooth to be available (if WLAN slot is PCIe only).

• Moderators

As Hervé clearly wrote on post #91, the WWAN is a PCIe / USB Combo Slot. WLAN is PCIe only slot. The Bluetooth is USB based so you need to place it in the WWAN slot where both Wifi and Bluetooth will work.

Make sure you install BrcmPatchRAM2 & BrcmFirmwareRepo to /L/E, it won't load from /E/C/k

Problem solved by a strange way, and as the WLAN slot works fine in WindowsI suspected it's also a combo slot. 

How I solved it? By installing all the kexts from your "other" folder, not the "LE" folder. I attached it here below, can you tell me why it worked?

I think it's the "IOAHCISerialATAPI_injector" that worked? No?

Other.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for the great support so far. As everything is working now, I made a bootpack here for the future users.

I made some modifications:

-VoodooPS2Controller-V8Test6 instead of R6. The R6 makes the touchpad laggy and "your keyboard cannot be identified" showed up at installation. V8Test6 works amazingly smoothly.

-Moved ACPIBatteryManager into LE folder - I needed to install it to get the battery meter.

-Changed SMBIOS from MacBookPro 11,2 to iMac15,1 because I got the black screen issue, so I followed this instruction.

I made this based on my observations, so please let me know if I got something incorrectly. Thanks.

M4800 - Sierra - BCM94352(DW1550).zip

• Like 1

Would the apple Magic touchpad and keyboard work fine with this? I know it's an Apple's fault, but last time I plugged in an USB Dell Touchpad and although it works (laggy) and the original touchpad still works as well, the trackpad preference pane crashed every time I tried to open it and needed to do a clean reinstall.