Dell Precision M4800 - MacOS Sierra

howoarang

• Administrators

It's basically the exact same process as for El Capitan and you would normally re-use the same add-on kexts and patches. The most notable difference will be that the VoodooPS2Controller that you may have used under EC no longer runs under Sierra. But Dr Hurt recently re-worked on the whole kext package and you may use his latest beta available here.

If you use nVidia Web driver, of course you'll have to update to the Sierra-compatible version.

Hi, I used exact the same process as for El Capitan, but after install my laptop internal screen is black and only external monitor via DisplayPort works and also other hardware doesn't work, too like WLAN, SOUND... With VoodooPS2Controller I have no issues, it's working normally.

Yes I tried it many times. I found out that if I boot with Optimus Disabled I got black screen on booth screens (internal or external). If I boot with Optimus Enabled, Internal screen works only, but very badly. I see that GPU vram is ony 7mb (Intel).

Good news...

Problem with black screens is now resolved. I change SMBIOS in Clover from MacbookPro11,2 to iMac14,2 and now gpu work perfekt.

Bad news...

keyboard on laptop works but without trackpad and touchpad

Sound and Bluetooth doesn't work too

• Like 1

If you can boot & macOS works normally with internal display when disabled optimus, it's almost LVDS. You can check in VBIOS or using simple method by booting your lap with Ubuntu 14.x live, and put this command on terminal app: xrandr -q
Output as this follow image:
30919666460_5bfd5ee292_b.jpg