No Internal HDD in Lion Disk Utility on D630 x3100 HR

cc333

Hi,

I'm trying to install Lion on my D630, and I have a boot disk that... boots, except it doesn't see the internal HDD, therefore preventing me from installing anything.

I have all the settings set as they should (AHCI, etc.), but it doesn't work.

Help?

I used myHack to create the disk, and applied the D630 bootpack downloaded from here.

Thanks,

c

Before, it would take like 5 minutes to start up from my USB bootdisk, and after the setting change, it only took like 30 seconds.

Anyway, I'm encountering a new problem, where it is hanging at a white screen with a cursor. Any ideas?

c

• Administrators

Which BIOS version do you run? It's usually better to stick to versions A16 or A17, not the very last ones which only brought BIOS security changes.

I cannot explain your HDD behaviour, I've never encountered it, yet I've used many different HDDs and SSDs on the various D630 I got into my hands. Disk mode was always set to AHCI and I do not recall ever using ATA mode. If you can advise on the HDD model, we can try and have a look but I'd be very surprised if you had a SATA HDD that did not support AHCI mode. D630 supports SATA-II (3.0Gb/s) by the way. You are talking about an internal HDD by the way, right? Not the USB disk you're apparently using?

If you have a Merom CPU (T7xxx), make sure IDA is disabled. If enabled with a non-Penryn CPU, it causes problems under OS X.

Re: hanging, when is this happening? At startup or is it a KP? If you're still running the Chameleon version installed by myHack, update the bootloader to something like r2395 or r2401. Those work perfectly. You may use  the Chameleon Wizard tool to update or download the relevant package off InsanelyMac for instance. I haven't tried recent Enoch versions on the D630 X3100 with SL or Lion but I would also expect those to work since they work Ok on the D630 nVidia.

It seems to hang at "waiting for DSMOS", with no KPs or anything.

I will try installing an alternate Chameleon version.

Also, if I add "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "System Type=1" in org.chameleon.boot.plist, I can usually get it to boot. Why exactly is this so?

I read about IDA, as I upgraded to a 2.5 C2D (probably Merom), so I turned that off.

c

• Administrators

Please use the pack I posted here.

Older versions of Chameleon seem to have disappeared from InsanelyMac. You may use attached version r2468. Install with default settings after you've installed the Lion pack from above link (the Chameleon installer will then re-use the pack's Chameleon settings).

Chameleon-2.3svn-r2468.pkg.zip

OK, I've done that, and I'm getting it to boot now, except it boots to a grey display with no cursor :/

It seems like a graphics driver issue. Any suggestions?

I've Hackintoshed before, but I'm relatively inexperienced, so please bear with me here....

c

I used the packages you linked to, and I made sure they were installed properly.

One thing of note, however, is that it was originally a LoRes, but I swapped in the HiRes display from my D620 (which shares many parts in common with the D630 it seems). Would that make any difference? It works perfectly under Windows....

c