Touchpad e6230 not working on yosimite

donkey007

manual method also says VoodooPS2Controller.kext has no Info.plist file

then for the VoodooPS2Trackpad/Keyboard/Mouse.kext's it says no dependancy found for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller

then continues to say Prelink failed for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad/Keyboard/Mouse (separately one for each); omitting from prelinked kernal

thanks

• Administrators

The VoodooPS2Controller v1.8.9 (~328Ko) from my E6220/E6440 Yosemite/Mavericks guides works also on the E6230 under Yosemite. Well, it does for me...

Do not use the version modified for El Capitan. And check that you do not have a rogue kext in /L/E or elsewhere.

ok

Am I missing anything with the manual method:

1. copy VoodooPS2Controller.kext from /_macOSX/Extra/Extensions to /S/L/E (copy and paste, replace)

2. Open terminal and:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

3. reboot (no boot flags)

Thanks (sorry I am fairly new at this)

• Administrators

Well, yes you were initially missing something (you were copying kext to SLE but repairing permissions of LE!) but it appears you're doing it the correct way in your screenshot.

I use this VoodooPS2Controller kexts throughout on all my Latitude E Series under Mavericks & Yosemite and up to El Capitan 10.12.3.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Well, yes you were initially missing something (you were copying kext to SLE but repairing permissions of LE!) but it appears you're doing it the correct way in your screenshot.

I use this VoodooPS2Controller kexts throughout on all my Latitude E Series under Mavericks & Yosemite and up to El Capitan 10.12.3.

attachicon.gifVoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

I get the same output with the key text you pointed me too??

Using kext wizard to install...then manually rebuilding with commands as above

reboot, now niether keyboard or trackpad working

This is sooo frustrating :-(

I am using niresh yosimite-zone to install yosimite as I dont have a mac and can only download sierra from the app store.

Thanks