E7440 Sierra Hackintosh installation

KingUnlimited

• Moderators

No need to reinstall. Just put back the files you used to get it install.

What wireless card do you have? If it's Intel, it's not supported and will need to be replaced. Try either DW1510 for wireless only or DW1550 for bluetooth/wireless combo.

For sound, you need to install AppleHDA_ALC292.kext to either /L/E or /S/L/E and repair permission and rebuild cache.

i don't know how to get the files back, i tried to boot into safemode but i can't boot.

so i'll reinstall all, no problem.

but is it ok to use this efi folder instead the bootpacks in jakes tutorial?

I'll reinstall and follow jakes tutorial again but i need to know if its better to use this efi folder instead of the bootpack in jakes tutorial 

for my setup (sierra)

and when it's ok to use the linked efi folder and the linked kexts.

then i need as you write the bluetooth/wireless combo kexts

trackpad kext

and for the sound the applehda_....

omg this is so frustrating :(

• Moderators

Here, just follow my Clover guide, replace the Clover folder with this.

Once installed and booted to the SSD, install Clover (latest version) and then replace /EFI/Clover folder with the same.

Copy kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions and run the fixes as posted in the guide.

CLOVER.zip

i replace the clover folder in efi which i mounted with efi mounter.

then i did what you say, just copy the LE kexts to /libary/extensions

and follow your tut for the chmod and cache commands

first thing i notice: nice boot manager (dell latitude :)

2nd the touchpad is not so snappy as before :(

audio seems to work :)

bluetooth seems to work :)

wifi don't work? :(

the hardware buttons for example volume up, down don't work also.

yeah we should have the same model :) 1920x1080p no touchscreen and the other specs also mached

thx for your help i really appreciate it.

sadly i must go to bed now but tomorrow i have a free day and i'll test everything you say to me :)

• Moderators

Replace voodoops2controller with your previous one if that works better for you.

What wifi card does it have? Intel is not supported, replace with a supported card like DW1510 or DW1550.

The volume and brightness key are known issue for Sierra. See here for work around.

• Moderators

Yes, you said the touchpad was not as snappy as before...so use that one from before.

if you have been reading thru all the Sierra threads, you would know that it's a known issue with trackpad preference being blank. Replace it with one from El Capitan will fix it.

You can either open the back panel or use an app like DPCImanager.app.

ok, I'll try the one i use before,

I'm asking because i don't want to do it wrong, either my notebook i'll not start like before.

Is it important always to mount the efi partition and replace the kexts in this partition before i copy the kext in to /libary/extensions

i don't get it why i must do this twice?

oh i'm sry, yes you are right i read that issue with the trackpad before but i don't know that its the same problem as i have.

because i take the trackpad.prefpane (200 mb) and copy it to /system/libary/perferencespane

and replace it with the trackpad.prefpane about (5b) but when i open it in system trackpad, the same nothing shows up.

maybe because of the touchpad that is not snappy as before?

I load the app and under PCI List the Last one:

Device Name: Wireless 7260 and Vendor Name: Intel Corporation :(

this means i need a new wireless card, do you know witch one i must buy?

or is it better just to buy and wireless usb reciver 

Thx you for fast answering!

Jake Lo,

I cannot get hdmi audio to work. Am I missing some SSDT edits? I remember I changed smthing in SSDT for EL Cap but cant find what. Im using most of your config.plist and everything works besides HDMI Audio. Do You remember/know what to do? In El Cap hdmi audio works for me.