E7440 Sierra Hackintosh installation

KingUnlimited

ok, i replaced the voodoo in the mounted /efi/clover folder and in the folder /libary/extensions

then i do the chown and cache commands and i make a restart and voila :) touchpad works and the trackpad panel also work (i think because i changed the file you suggest before)

the volume and brightness keys also work with Karabiner-Elements and the config file :)

now the only thing is the wifi maybe you can answer when you read this.

and the App Store doesn't work, but i changed my serial like in your tut?

And one question, is this everything i need?

i mean the chipset drivers are on now? (because i know sometimes when a correct driver is missing the battery and other stuff might be not so good)

do you know if one of your kext include chipset and other important drivers?

i mean i just fix the kexts i see on my own like the sound, wifi, touchpad.... 

how i can be sure nothing important is missing?

BIG THX I see a light :)

• Administrators

NEVER place kexts in EFI/Clover/kext/xxx AND in SLE or LE. Only ever use 1 x single copy of kexts.

There are no specific add-on kexts for the Intel chipset, Apple OS already fully supports it since it's used in their own Mac models.

• Moderators

@kfiatos, what are you using for audio? 

patched AppleHDA_ALC292 uses layout id 1, you have set it to 10 in Config file. It should already be patched in DSDT, so no need to add it to Config.

If you're using voodooHDA, then HDMI audio won't work.

apple services works now too, don't know what's changed.

only thing is wlan atm, I'll check my wlan card at my work maybe it's working I think it's from an Fujitsu Siemens Notebook.

i also tried a old usb netgear wlan adapter but this also don't work :/

and please can someone explain me this:

NEVER place kexts in EFI/Clover/kext/xxx AND in SLE or LE. Only ever use 1 x single copy of kexts.

• Moderators

If you have kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other or 10.11 or 10.12, they will load without you having to duplicate them to /S/L/E or /L/E. 

If you are using my bootpacks, I have kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE. Those won't ever load or even read by Clover. Those have to be install to /S/L/E or /L/E. Reason I have it there is for convenience only when you do reinstall, you won't have to locate additional kexts.

Jake Lo,

I have issue with sleep. Sometimes when I put my Dell to sleep, the screen goes black, fan is working and can't do anything without hard reboot. Next 10 times is ok and then again. Where to search? Darkwake=0 didn't help