E7440 Sierra Hackintosh installation

KingUnlimited

Something is seriously wrong with Sierra on my setup. For the third time Sierra drive become corrupted beyond repair. I made shutdown after setting hibernatemode (previously booted normally) and next bood didn't happen. Not possible to repair drive with known tools. I give up for now. Clover usb is ready to action when Sierra leaves beta stage. Maybe 10.12.3 will be better. Most annoying thing is I can't pinpoint what happens to this drive and why. Is it the Liteon SSD not working with osx or Sierra beta problem. 10.11.3 on Intel 520 SSD works like a charm.

I cloned my 10.11.3 installation to Liteon SSD (256L9M) and so far it works ok. I still can't figure out what caused filesystem corruption on sierra. Anyway, Yesterday tried to update 10.11.3 to sierra and I failed miserably. What is the upgrade procedure that You guys used? I downloaded Sierra from appstore, prepared efi (working for my previous tries with sierra) booted installer (worked fine, WIFI even working), installed and after reboot, KP. I cant even tell what caused KPs because error not saying this. If I boot system in safe mode I get "Invalid sandbox profile for PID xxx " at it never ends.

Any suggestions?

Today I'll revert to 10.11.3 and try updating from usb key

Dear Members,

I would like to ask for comprehensive assistance in connection with installation.

It has been long since I read in connection with OSX installation, was also factory MacBook which I loved, but unfortunately because of work I had to stay in a Dell Latitude E7440 facility.

Unfortunately, I'm not so good at English either, but if you could get a detailed description thereof will be sure to bring together!

I would like to ask for a help, someone would describe in detail the deployment of the Sierra E7440 offer, but if there's a way you can so that you can install with drivers.

I would be very grateful for it, I'd even pay for itself halylandó such a detailed description!

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Welcome, Balázs Soos

• Moderators

Follow my Clover guide here. Just replace the El Capitan with Sierra app. Once you have the installer created, replace the Clover folder with this one. Continue with the installation from the guide.

You'll need to replace the Intel Wireless card with a compatible device if you want wireless connection. 

For just wireless, go with DW1510. Work OOT but a hot patch is requires if you want it to show AirPort Extreme.

For wireless /bluetooth combo, go with DW1550. Additional kexts and hot patches will be required.

• Like 2

Hello Jake , Thanks for your effort .. i'm following this steps but when clover tell me to choose install mac or boot . when i choose install mac its show apple logo then its restart . using clover folder u mention in this post , boot folder from guide thread .. 

update 1 :
my laptop info : Latitude E7440, BIOS A18 | i7-4600u 2.7 GHz | 16GB DDR3 | Intel HD 4400 | 1080

update 2 :
from this thread : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9405-e7450-install-sierra-only-shows-apple-logo-and-then-reboots/page-3
i enable option "-v" & "dont restart on panic" .. setup working now .. i will notify you if i face any issue .. 

update 3 : 
all things work ok , else when I make fix permission and rebuild cache its show :

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC292.kext
KernelCache ID: EAE6A2A78B5A1C8A53EFBD53440A36EE
File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[618] exited with status 77.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

is that fine or not ? Sorry I'm new for hackintosh 

update 4 : I add voodoo kext from this thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9070-a-new-voodoops2controller-compatible-for-alps-on-sierrael-capitan-1011410115/but trackpad setting show blank screen without any options . is that normal ?

OK, Its good now .. but i have sleep problem as kfiatos mentioned before  . sometimes sleep work , sometimes not S: .. also sometimes its sleep cause inactivity . but wont wake up .. hard reset needed :S 

i try jake commands but no change .. 

sudo pmset -g
Password:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        0
 halfdim              1
 lidwake              1
 womp                 1
 networkoversleep     0
 sleep                1 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod)
 ttyskeepawake        1
 disksleep            10
 hibernatefile        /dev/null
 displaysleep         10