E7470: some issues with Sierra

Felix Ye

Hi,

e7470 with DW1830.

macOS 10.12.3 installed without issues. Mac boot and I noticed problem with core storage. 

I run diskutil cs revert /dev/disk1 from terminal and it worked. When I restart e7470 and tried to boot it from clover from usb installer I got error msg.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv2g9i24ifxr4cv/IMG_0228.JPG?dl=0

Before restart I noticed that ethernet is not working. Does it mean a problem with my DSDT?

I followed the guide and I used latest bootpack 

ahhhh.... Thanks Jake Lo!

Do you have idea why my ethernet and DW1830 are not responding?

I tried install BrcmFirmwereRepo.kext and brcmPatchRAM.kext to /library/extensions and rebuild the cache.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

But they not appear as a loaded kexts. I also tried install it with Kext wizzard to /system/library/extensions , but still the same.

• Moderators

I think the bootpack is with bios 1.12.3. Try updating to that. Also try either disabling or enabling Legacy Rom Option, seems to work for some.

If ethernet still not work, then send me your Origin folder (hit F4 during clover boot), and I'll patch the files for you.

As for DW1830, it should work OOB. So what is not working? Wireless or Bluetooth?

BIOS downgraded to 1.12.3, but still no ethernet.

No WiFi and Bluetooth. Very strange on e7450 Wifi worked OOB as you said. (same dw1830)

On my previous installation with Bootpack from El Capitan I managed to enable  brcmPatchRAM.kext (Bluetooth PAN was available in network settings), but not the BrcmFirmwereRepo.kext. WiFI was not available in previous installation and same in this one.

Origin folder

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7lpnpvzjixpbp1o/AABiwKwvVyO3Nz-zfxIdMCUZa?dl=0