Fresh Install of Sierra on E6230

Welshboy16

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble getting the Sierra installer to boot. 

I've been following Jake Lo's guide for El Capitan and hoping it wouldn't be too outdated and would work for Sierra.

Ive got the Dell Lattitude E6230 with an i7, 8gb of RAM and 500gb HDD. It comes with Intel HD4000 built in graphics.

I have a few hackintoshes already (Desktop builds) and got given this laptop, saw all the guides and success people have had and though, I'd give it a crack.

I have downloaded the Sierra installed from the Store, created a USB installer and created a separate clover usb to boot with. I've used the latest Clover (r2811) Since I assumed it would be the most compatible with Sierra.

I've tried all of the kexts in this guide (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-el-capitan-clover-guide/) Which i have put in the kexts/other folder (instead of 10.12). I have also just tried booting with stock Clover and FakeSMC kext, to see if I can bypass the error.

Boot flags are slide=0 dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 -v

But I have also tried cpus=1, acpi=off and -x

BIOS is setup correctly (According to the guide) and is version A08.

SMBIOS is set to Macbook Air 5.2

I launch in to Clover, select the install USB and everything looks fine, then it hangs on 
busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU', 'MCHC'

I've done research over the past few days, before posting, and a I can't seem to get it to boot. If anyone needs any further information then let me know.

Cheers,

Adam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ivy bridge needs asusintelcpupm and kernel pm kernel patches if mchc is an issue you can try dropping it from the ssdt table dropping menu.

Thanks for trying to help. I've already got asusintelcpupm and kernelpm enabled in the config.

I can't see mchc in the drop tables menu, only MCFG and that didn't help either.

Okay so as it stands none of the things you suggested worked :( What I have noticed though is that if I put the install usb in a different slot I get a KP. Not sure if that happens before or after the ACPI Error, due to the text on the screen getting distorted