Fresh Install of Sierra on E6230

Welshboy16

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay So now I'm getting somewhere. I've had a spare 5 minutes to sit down and go through all the solutions everyone has helpfully provided and managed to get the installer booted!

Updating to A11 BIOS and using r3811 along with some other things like changing memory sticks etc... seems to have worked

All installed now! Thanks for your help everyone.

Some minor issues I need to try and figure out. I have no audio or mic and my trackpad pointer stutters every few seconds (No big deal) Tried installing trackpad prefs to see if it would fix it, but they wouldn't install :S

And sleep doesn't work properly. Can still hear fans/hdd spinning even though screen is off

Sorry for digging up an old thread... I thought this would be better than creating a new one (Since I made this thread originally)

I foolishly tried updating my Sierra release via the app store earlier, and now I can't get the thing to boot. I've changed nothing since reporting that everything was working earlier on in this thread.

Im now getting the 

"busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU', 'MCHC'" error again.

I'm wondering if anything has changed in the newest release? I've updated clover and copied over all existing conf, kexts and dsdt. But still nothing.

I've seen other people with problems with the 2nd part of the installation. Issues that resolved it were removing SSDT.aml (which I don't use) and removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext which I also don't use

I've attached my entire clover setup as a zip file. Conf, dsdt, kexts etc... I've tried the latest clover version on sourceforge and also r4051 neither worked :( Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Archive.zip

Hi Jake, Sorry I edited the above post but forgot to submit it...

I've had it working for months. So already had clover installed.
Foolishly, all I did select install updates. The updates were downloaded, laptop rebooted and now I can boot to clover, but get the above error.

I'm getting the below KP now. running clover (r4051) off a usb with the kexts, conf and dsdt from the above zip archive.

EDIT: Think I've fixed it. I had an outdated graphics patch. I replaced mine with the following and can now boot.

find

01000075 25

replace

010000EB 25

post-99894-0-01011500-1492095721_thumb.jpg