Help need: Install Sierra on Precision Tower

bill10

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is probably not the keyboard and mouse. Yesterday for two times I was able to click continue and entered disk utility. However, it got stuck when I chose the disk format. So I restarted and I couldn't click on things anymore. Nothing was modified between the tries. I didn't even pull out the usb drive. Today I am stuck at the apple logo with progress bar again and can't even get into the install menu. 

It is like the machine got its own mood. I should probably give up this project. What do you think?

• Administrators

are you plugged into usb2 ports or usb3 ports? if you have the option in bios disable usb3 for now. unless there is a bios update that might address usb issues but i seem to be having issues with dells site regarding bios versions available.

When I checked it today, it seems that it restarted and finished copying files. Then I rebooted from the hard drive partition where it is installed, and, no surprise, stuck again at a different place. I am going to google it but if you have any idea, please let me know. Thank you.

post-100282-0-64818800-1478470850_thumb.jpg