E6410 - Not recognizing the internal HDD as a bootable El Capitan installation?

Kitten

Hello, everyone. I've been having some issues with my impossible laptop... again. (I've been trying to hackintosh this thing for years.) It's a Dell Latitude E6410, with the Nvidia NVS 3100M, the Intel Core i5, and two 2GB RAM cards. I've tried installing on two HDDs, both 160GB and both encountering the issue mentioned in the title above, or getting a kernel panic (the last time I even got as far as getting a kernel panic was 2015, I was following a different guide than the one mentioned below and I barely remember anything from then). In further description, my problem occurs when I finish installing El Capitan via this guide, and after rebooting to Clover. Clover does not find a bootable HDD (there is no HDD displayed), just the USB installer. The exact setup I had been using for my computer can be found in a post I made on that guide (I am only typing this thread in the hope of getting more recognition of my issue, as no one had replied to me there for months). I would greatly appreciate any help, as the laptop is pretty useless to me as a Windows device, and I would also appreciate if someone told me if there was anything I did wrong with this post (missing information, wrong place, breaking rules, etc.), as I'm currently not feeling 100%. Thank you!

Alrighty, I'll try that when I get my USB installer set up. I had to repartition drives and things just to back up my current Windows installation, but now that that's done, all that's left to do is redownload El Capitan, set up the installer, replace the file, and probably break my laptop. Hopefully all goes as planned, except that last part. I'll report back when I hit another roadblock, thank you!

(Yes, I know, this is a double post, but I just wanted to make sure that the notification was sent.)
I'm at the point where I have to install OS X, and I was looking through /EFI/CLOVER, but there is no "drivers" folder. There are only "drivers64" and "drivers64UEFI". Should I place the file in both? Or only one, and if so, which one?

Well, I guess I'm using EFI, because the guide said to select the options for drivers in drivers64UEFI instead of drivers64. Oh well, I guess I'll find out!

EDIT: I copied it in both folders, after it not working in drivers64UEFI. It still doesn't work. Might my OS X install be corrupted? Is there any way to check?

Bump - I know this is a double post, and the bump is probably frowned upon, but I need this laptop working by tomorrow :(

I've checked that the permission of the EFI files are 644, like all the others, yet it still does not work. GParted shows that OS X has indeed made partitions on the hard drive, and it says that the used amount of space on /dev/sda1 (EFI) is 3.09 MiB and the used space on /dev/sda2 (Hackintosh HD) is 286.86 MiB. That doesn't seem right, so I'll try reinstalling OS X.

• Administrators

yeah that does not sound correct I think its supposed to be 200mib it looks like there are a few bios updates regarding UEFI support, ACHI support and, 4gb install fix's.

what bios is your machine at there is a list of them here http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=WMHW9maybe your bios needs an update.

My BIOS is at A16, the latest version as far as I can tell. If you mean the partition is supposed to be 200 MiB, it is; I was just stating the used space.

I reinstalled Clover, and when I completely reinstalled OS X, it recognized the disk! It took a while to boot, and now it's just at a screen with a grey background and the cursor. I'm going to try replacing the config.plist with mine and removing the DSDT.aml and see how that goes.

EDIT: I just noticed something: my config.plist (the one I had while installing OS X) wasn't named config.plist at all, it was named config_duduclx.plist! Maybe Clover picked it up anyway?

EDIT2: It's working! It booted to the country selection screen.
...Except my keyboard and mouse don't work. The built in ones, nor the external ones. I'll try a different set and see how that goes.

EDIT3: Even the Apple keyboard doesn't work! When pressing "caps lock", the green light doesn't come on, so I assume there isn't power going to the USB devices?

I tried booting with more arguments, this time. Specifically, I booted with "gux_defer_usb2 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 dart=0" instead of just "kext-dev-mode=1" (which was already set in the config.plist). Unfortunately, it still does not work. The external keyboard does work, however, in Clover and in the BIOS.