E6220 and Sierra - possible?

torakikiii

I do not know what is the issue with the issue mnx's installer.

Follow up on the thread if Sierra is possible....Today I updated via App store to 10.12.2 - all good except for sound.

I just used the old kext used during installation and rebuilt kernel cache and sound is working now. I do not see any other issues.

yes from those links

At least booted. Solved.

I used MBA 5,2 for SMBIOS and after that my Dell Latitude E6220 (without DVD) on i7-2640m booted successfully and installed with no issues.

Maybe will be helpful to someone.

UPD: Updated to Sierra from El_Captain. Works ok, only clicking sound disturbs me at that moment.

Have another issue.

1. If I try to create config.plist with any other MBP (8,1 or 8,2) system cannot boot - all guides told me this shall be the right choice. 

2. Starting of script ssdtPRGen also told me that MBA shall not be SandyBridge.

3. Overheating a problem - system don't know fans speeds, controls unpredictably - sometime too hot and book stood still after. 

Cannot say this is 100% workable version. 

Advice where to dig and what to do please.

Give me a link please. 
Guides for installation is ok, but not give the answers to create fully supported machine. 
As long as I need to generate DSDL and etc... it is lack of descriptions to configure machine right way.

And as I told - in guides my PC shall be MPB 8,2 or 8,1 but it not loads so far with that.

• Administrators