E6430: help with El Capitan installation

alexandervos

Hello can you guys please help me:

I succesfully installed el capitan 10.11.6 with this guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-el-capitan-clover-guide/

At a point in this guide, it refers to 

• El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65)

GOOD

UPDATE METHOD:

APP STORE/SYSTEM UPDATE

MODIFICATIONS NEEDED:

Upgrade to latest Clover prior to upgrade just in case

New Issues:

1) KP on some systems with VoodooPS2Controller. Reboot with USB installer, select HD/SSD to boot.

Remove /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller and replace it with this one

2) DummyHDA with Clover-on-the-fly patch stopped working

Install new kexts for according to your CodecID

Exx30

AppleHDA_IDT.kext.zip   9.49KB   606 downloads

I did not follow this step, because I was installing 10.11.6. Is this step necessary?

This is how I did the installation instead: I got the bootpack and the efi folder from that guide, place the ACPI, Kexts and config in EFI/Clover. Was this the right way to do it?

Also, when I ran ssdtPRGen.sh it gave me this output: "'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0604 instead of 0x0704)"

Should this be changed somehow? The ssdtPRGen.sh gave zero errors though...

My system specs:

Bios A12

Dell e6430 1600x900

i5 3320m

Intel HD 4000

Here is my ssdt.aml https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcjwvtfwp8y1aqm/ssdt.aml?dl=0

And here is my config.plist https://www.dropbox.com/s/hechaivic6zis1b/config.plist?dl=0

And is there some program where i can monitor my cpu? I want to know if this installation is not messing up my laptop.

Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You can ignore the SSDT warning, it happens with many IvyBridge platforms (I get the same on my E6230). If you've installed FakeSMC with all its PlugIns, you can use HWMonitor app to monitor CPU T° + SpeedStep.

HWMonitor.jpg

• Moderators

• El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)

GOOD

UPDATE METHOD:

APP STORE/SYSTEM UPDATE

MODIFICATIONS NEEDED:

Same fix applied from 10.11.4 if you're upgrading from 10.11.3 and below 

or new install using provided bootpacks

Yes, you need to update the kexts if you're using the bootpack. There error generating SSDT is fine and can be ignore.

Thanks guys. 

how do I install those fakesmc with all its plugins? I can read some temps from my hwmonitor right now but its the rest is not accurate:

post-89802-0-55946500-1478734742_thumb.png

Do I follow this guide? http://www.osxlatitude.com/tuning-performance-with-fakesmc-smbios-plist/

Performance tuning would be interesting. Is this achieved with this guide also. Or perhaps some other tweaks.

Yes everything is working like its supposed to go. 

Only problem im facing is that my battery seems to go way faster then on my windows partition. What would be the cause of this?

And a minor problem, when I boot into OSX via clover 2/10 times it doesnt boot and boots in a black screen, and I have to press the power button to reboot.

• Administrators

Difficult to say really. Power management can't be 100% identical in OS X than Windows. In addition, OS X is more graphics hungry.

For the rest, let's not try any guess until you post your EFI folder to have a look.

Thanks for taking the time. Here is my EFI folder. -----Sorry it was still uploading-----

Interesting that OS X is more graphics hungry. I did not knew that.

Anyway, I had a look in my bios, there might be a couple of things that drain the battery, for instance speedstep, turboboost and or c-states. Im just speculating, but it could be that speedstep or c-states dont play along very well with OS X ; e.g CPU constantly running at max speed.

• Administrators

Sounds like you do not have CPU native SpeedStep in place and that sure will cause quicker battery drainage... On an IvyBridge platform such as yours, CPU SpeedStep is obtained through AICPUPM patch (patched kext or Clover on-the-fly AsusAICPUPM patch) and generated CPU-specific SSDT (using the well-known generator script of Pike R Alpha).

You still have not uploaded your zipped EFI folder (you can leave out the Themes subfolder).