E6430: help with El Capitan installation

alexandervos

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have run the generator, it said it pasted the ssdt.aml in the extra folder. Could not find the extra folder. So I ran the ssdt generator script a couple more times. It appeared on my desktop and I pasted it in the ACPI folder.

Can you confirm that my EFI folder now is correctly setup?

Here it is: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dipfn1df3nsiuxj/EFI.zip?dl=0

Yesterday, I could not open some applications saying , saying: "be sure to install any available updates osx".

In the beginning of my installation I had turned all the options off from the App store ; e.g security updates, because I found the pop-ups about OS X sierra annoying

Frustrated as I was that I could not open some applications, I had put the options back on again in the App store. It began with a software update which lasted about 5 minutes. Thats when the trouble started, I could not reboot into OS X ,I got a KP about cpu 2 and cpu 3 caller.

i have now reinstalled OS X, and its working properly. But my question, whats the best practice in regards to turning updates on or off in the app store? I dont want sierra installed yet. But do I leave the other options on or off?