[Solved...almost] Optiplex 3040 FULLY working!

sebus

I really hate to revive an old thread, but I've got a Dell Optiplex 3040 that I just can't get to boot from the HDD. I've installed Clover to the boot EFI partition, and installed FakeSMC so far, but configuring Clover with the values provided here isn't getting me anywhere. Any chance you can provide a list of kexts and a config.plist file that works for you?

I have tried everything to get my High Sierra install disk to boot the installer on my 3040M. It gets stuck on OSxAptioFixDrv2 and will not continue the boot. I have been switching out various flags and conifg.plist file with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. 

Build:

Optiplex 3040

8gm Ram

SSD

intel i5 6500T

Try this, should work on High Sierra.

You'll need to add HFSPlus.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

Thank you for that pack! It almost works as I expected it to - install was trouble free, normal OS boot also, I have full accelerated graphics.

I have an Optiplex 3040 Micro, i5 6500T, HD 530, 16 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD - and High Sierra 10.13.2

What does not work is sound, which is not a big issue, but the  onboard network card is also non-functioning.

I have downloaded the latest Realtek kext, put it in Clover/kexts/Other, did not work, put it to /Library/Extensions - no luck.

The card works when booting Windows and it is a Realtek 8xxx card.

What am I doing wrong?