[Solved...almost] Optiplex 3040 FULLY working!

sebus

1 hour ago, anatharias said:

Have you tried to use my config.plist that I linked a couple of post above?

Since hardware is almost the same, you should be able to use it right away

In my experience, here's what I would consider:

ACPI > only required GFX0 to IGPU; HDAS to HDEF; HECI to IMEI

Boot > nv_disable=1 is not applicable (nv = Nvidia)

Devices> "Add Properties" empty it

Graphics > modify ports = 4; ig-platform-id = 0x193B0005

Kext to patch > remove anything ALC255; mini stolen size is irrelevant since you have increased DVMT in EFI Shell; boot graphics glitch is of the past; The USB Port patch is not the right one (yours is outdated)

All .kext should be in /L/E (don't forget to rebuild kextcache)

Clover kext loading should be on "detect"

I'll edit if I see anything else

@anatharias I tried some config with ig-platform-id,  0x193B0005 crash at boot 

I use RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-1108 for USB, need to use another?

Your plist not content informations about RAM in SMBIOS, on mine, clover refuse to boot (halted after ++++++ line)

I moved all kexts in "/Library/Extensions/" 

@Jake Lo

Your plist not content information in graphics: ig-platform-id. 

I'll try your modified config tomorrow. 

Thank you both :)

The hang at ++++++ is a result of wrong UEFI drivers I think

You really only need these three drivers

• AptioMemoryFix
  • VBoxHfs-64
  • ApfsDriverLoader

source: https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/clover-setup

No ram information in Clover needed for proper operation

The USB Inject All is just a temporary kext meant to "discover" the USB ports

once all of them have been identified and assigned in a SSDT (USB2 or 3) and the extra ones deleted (on motherboard internal unused ones for instance), USB inject all must be deactivated

I'll send you my entire clover folder tomorrow so you can try to boot it. But I'm not too fond of doing that, since it's not the best way to understand what works and what does not...

Update: I Rewrited my config.plist with @anatharias Config.plist and:

The amount of memory is OK

Two monitors are OK with ig-plateform-id 0x193B0005 (HDMI & DP, VGA not tested)

The sounds trough HDMI is OK on both (one or the other)

Sound is not ok on jack (too bad). I'll try to change that with Hackintool later

Your suggestions helped me to familiarize myself with the various config.  Thanx for your perseverance!

16 hours ago, Aimable_fr said:

Update: I Rewrited my config.plist with @anatharias Config.plist

(...)

Your suggestions helped me to familiarize myself with the various config.  Thanx for your perseverance!

Hey, this is good news!

Using someone else's config.plist or Clover folder is just not right because you miss the big picture. I'm glad that starting from the ground up allowed you to get a working solution.

Also, the g-plateform-id 0x193B0005 does not require you to use Whatevergreen.kext

Whatevergreen, in this particular situation, will only rename GFX0 to IGPU, since you have the patch in your ACPI patches, then you don't need it. No big deal to leave it in Extensions though.

So now that you have a working setup (Vanilla), .zip your clover folder... one can never be too cautious.

You can deal with details now: Sound, USB, Bluetooth, EDID (screens), etc

Next step would be to look into sleep, but as I've read, there is an issue with wake up with HD530. I'll search further

Okay, so I've been bothered wayyyy to much by my setup:

- once every other reboot, I won't get triple screen. I must power down one of the monitors (DP) to boot to dual screen. Otherwise, I get blank screen. Same if I power up the turned off monitor after boot. All displays are going blank. While, when the three screen are working fine (I change nothing in my config.plist), I can hot-plug video cable without issue.

- no USB3 at all, I tried the USB Inject all, then create my own usb kext (with Hackintool), but no success.

Hi 

Strange!

Last week, I replaced my old 2007 iMac by this Optiplex, my screen is an Iiyama G2730, and when it connected at two screen: Iiyama in HDMI & Samsung smartTV in DP, only samsung is OK and Iiyama is going black. If I invert two ports, the issue is same: only one screen is displayed. And I lost sound in HDMI & DP.

I didn't change anything in my config.

Today, I boot normally and the setup is totally ok with Iiyama at DP and Samsung in HDMI (standby mode)!

versions: Clover 4871 Mojave 10.14.3

Have you upgraded 10.14.3 or last Clover?

Is it possible a clover upgrade affect your setup?