DW1390 not working under Sierra: "No hardware installed" error message

richw

I successfully installed Sierra 10.12.1 using Herve instructions. The only error encountered is with Dell DW1390 wireless adapter. I get WIFI No hardware installed error.

The supported  wifi adapter list includes DW1390 as out the box and has worked in all previous installs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

Still had a DW1390 in the D630i. 'been a long since I last played with it and I can confirm that it last works OOB in El Capitan. I experience the same as you when I boot Sierra with the DW1390 in my D630n.

One has to assume that support for that old Broadcom chip has been dropped... There certainly ain't no AppleAirportBrcm43224 kext any more as PlugIn of IO80211Family kext in Sierra.

• Administrators

Yes and with EC 10.11.6's version but it does not work either. Best thing to do will be to replace the DW1390 by a supported full size card such as the AR5B91 or a supported 1/2-size card+bracket like the DW1510 for instance.

• Administrators

That doesn't work either; I've tried adding the "compatible" statement in DSDT ARPT device or adding the "pci14e4,4311" id to the AirportBrcm4331 kext; 'makes no difference whatsoever. Apple definitely dropped support for those old Broadcom cards in Sierra.