e7240 El Capitan - almost perfect, need advice re touchpad

moonman

I got this great little notebook up and working with El Capitan using Jake Lo's Clover guide. Many thanks to Jake. 

Needed two goes at it, but the second time worked great. First time I messed something up with a new SSDT and could boot only to black screen. 

Anyway, quick question. With the first install, I using Jake's e7440 bootpack, I had a working touchpad but no 2-finger scrolling. Scrolling worked with 1 finger on right side of touchpad. 

After second install, no scrolling. Can tap to click though. 

I have an ALPS touchpad. Do you recommend the "Refined ALPS touchpad driver" from Dr. Hurt in another thread? Some people reported it worked okay, others said they still didn't get scrolling. 

Or other alternatives? 

Thanks. 

P.S. really love this machine. First time I had a touchscreen ultrabook. Didn't know if I would use or like the touchscreen, but am starting to like it a lot. The Full HD resolution is perfect. It's the model with i5-4300 1.9 processor. 

P.P.S. Oh, forgot to ask re. dual booting with Windows 10. When I formatted the disk before installing El Capitan, I created a 2nd 40GB MS-DOS, where I'd like to install Windows 10 for very occasional use (with 1 app not running on Mac). I've made other dual boots machines, but I used Herve's Enoch install method for the Mac OS and it was really easy to format the 2nd partition and install Windows like it was just a normal PC. 

• Administrators

well that alps driver is a work in progress at the moment so if you want to try it go ahead and report your findings there. as for windows if you are using UEFI then you will have to install windows as a UEFI install. you will probably have to delete that ms-dos partition during install and have windows remake it. unless it lets you format it.