E5470: Help installing El Capitan

mdub

Hi guys, I'm trying to get an E5470 working with El Capitan. My specs are the same as above instead I have a 1080p FHD screen and Intel i7 6820HQ quad core processor. I've attached my dumped DSDT/SSDT files from Clover here. If you could let me know what to do get it fully working that would be great, thanks.

specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-6820HQ (Quad Core, 2.7GHz, 8M cache, 45W)

Intel HD530 integrated Graphics
14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti Glare LCD, Camera and Microphone
Samsung 2TB EVO 850 PRO SSD
8GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8260 Wi-Fi + BT 4.1 Wireless Card (2x2) [replaced with DW1560]

Realtek audio ALC3235
Dual Pointing palmrest With Contact and Contactless Smart Card and Fingerprint Reader
Primary 4-cell 62W/HR Battery

e5470 ORIGIN.zip

• Moderators

@mdub, no file attached...use the More Reply Options on the bottom right to attach file

Follow my E7470 guide and bootpack, leave off the DSDT/SSDT in ACPI/Patched folder. Extract the raw files with F4 during Clover boot, and attach the compress /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder here for patching. You'll have to follow the Prerequisite to set the DVMT to 96mb, don't use the value(s) in the guide, as yours might be different.

sorry I've edited the original post with attached file.

I did read your post about following the E7470 guide but was unsure about changing DVMT. sorry if this is a dumb questions but is that safe to do? Just want to make sure I don't brick my machine. thanks for the help.

also would this DW1560 wifi card work for replacing my intel wireless? https://www.amazon.com/Broadcom-BCM94352Z-802-11a-Bluetooth-867Mbps/dp/B0156DVQ7G

• Moderators

I can't guarantee anything, but I had DVMT changed for my E7450, E7470, E7270 and Precision 5510 and 7510 without any issue.

Only case I read is only 1 person reported bricking his system on the Inspiron 9550 on another forum. That's the only case, the ones I had help to reset have not reported any issue.

If your current system has an AC 8260 or any M.2 card, then YES DW1560 is perfect for it. 

ok thanks. I successfully changed DVMT to 96mb and am now booted into El Capitan with full graphics acceleration. I'll wait on the patched DSDT/SSDT from you to finish the post install. I've ordered the DW1560 wireless card to replace my AC 8260, should be here by the end of the week.

edit- the DSDT/SSDT files I posted were before I changed DVMT to 96mb, do I need to dump and post them again?