E5470: Help installing El Capitan

mdub

Same problem, ssd not being recognized by disk utility. Intel 10 Series SATA chipset still showing in System Profiler once I get to Installer

update: i tried updating SSD firmware with latest from Samsung, same issue. I have Windows installed on the SSD and Clover sees it just fine in the boot menu.
I tried installing latest version of Clover on my boot USB and then copying over patched DSDT/SSDT files with config.plist and kexts but I can't boot into the installer. see photo

I have 1 8gb DIMM on slot A.

I can boot fine when combining EFI.zip from bootpack page with files in E5470_repatch.zip but thats an old version of Clover.

post-101663-0-19810600-1480631608_thumb.jpg

still can't boot with those files and latest version of Clover. I can only boot to installer without memory error if I use the version of Clover found in EFI.zip from Bootpack page.

update: i reseated my RAM module and can now boot to installer with Clover v3949. Still no SSD showing in disk utility though.

I've tried all previously posted patches with Clover v3949 and still no SSD in disk utility.

• Moderators

Might be some issue with your DSDT/SSDT.

Remove all the SSDT/DSDT. Disable Drop OEM under SSDT in the Config file.

Reboot with the new config, hit F4 to extract new SSDT/DSDT file. Compress and attach the Origin folder.

I'll repatch the new files.

set FakeSATA ID string to 0x8086a102 and SSD is recognized! installing now.

update: I'm installed but am now unable to boot with Clover on my SSD and with both of my previously OK USB boot drives. I think I have a bad RAM stick because I'm getting the Aptiofix related instant reboot with all boot devices. Dell diagnostic tool said RAM is OK though.

Are there any known issues with Samsung DDR4 RAM modules? I have no trouble in Windows...