E5470: Help installing El Capitan

mdub

See post #93

If it's not working, try removing FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and test again

Here is some update:

I removed FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. Right after booting up, I connected my TV to HDMI: the built-in still screen went dark although backlight still on. There is no HDMI sound in SysProfiler. When I closed the lid and open it back, both built-in screen and TV work ok, still no HDMI sound in SysProfiler.

I disconnected my TV, now I saw HDMI Audio in SysProfiler

post-78663-0-63117100-1485412153_thumb.png

Reconnected TV again, there was no flicker on TV and I could play sound from my TV via HDMI.

• Moderators

Will internal speakers and/or headphone come back when you remove the HDMI connection?

There's nothing showing up under "Intel High Definition Audio"

Behavior with the internal LCD going dark is strange which I'm not seeing on my Skylake systems.

The only way I could get HDMI to work was to change corresponding board ID config to none in AppleIntelGraphics kext then reboot with hdmi monitor connected. Internal screen stays dark but external display works. No hotplugging and if you want to get internal display back you have to reboot. Maybe that helps you until you get HDMI fully working. I'll be attempting that once I get a new SSD (old one was defective and causing CPU DPC latency issues). We need HDMI/VGA + MacBook Pro 13,3 SSDT to have a fully working e5470 hack (apparently HWP does not enable proper GPU power management)

Will internal speakers and/or headphone come back when you remove the HDMI connection?

There's nothing showing up under "Intel High Definition Audio"

Behavior with the internal LCD going dark is strange which I'm not seeing on my Skylake systems.

Yes, internal sound went back to normal when unplug TV from HDMI.

In short, connect HDMI then close+open lid make both screens work. Disconnect HDMI makes everything work included internal sound.