E7450 BIOS A13 i7 HD5000 DW1560 working Sierra bootpack

Rumster

Two days ago, I created a OSX Sierra USB drive.

While in a vmware SIERRA image on windows, I followed the guide:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-el-capitan-clover-guide/

I downloaded Sierra 10.12.1 from the app store.  It ran on it's own and I exited it.

While following the guide, I found I couldn't get the InstallESD.DMG partition to mount.

Turns out there is a hidden bug feature in Sierra that mounts the DMG in the background when the installer runs.

You can locate it by going to /Volumes in Finder. It will also show up in DiskUtil.

I attempted to assemble my own bootpack from files uploaded by others in the
various bootpacks offered.  The collection of files I offer here are collectively their work, with my own
modifications made to config.plist in order to combine and ensure functionality.  
You should still install Karbiner-Elements in order to get all your function modifiers assigned.

You still need to reconfigure permissions as indicated in the guide.

While running the installer, I encountered a bug- possibly in the hardware combination I use,
possibly a fluke in the downloaded DMG(unlikely). Every time I would run the installer I got to the
point where it would check the drive, attempt to install the recovery data, then it would attempt to
reset permissions and enable journaling again(from the log). This would fail and the installer log
reports that the mount point is invalid, and the installer dialog reports that macOS could not be installed.

The workaround is a bit technically complex and involves some command line operations, but works.

mount -u -w /dev/[drive of usb media]
hdiutil mount BaseSystem.dmg 
cd /Volumes/OS X Base System/SystemInstallation/CDIS/macOS Installer.app/Contents/macOS/
./macOS\ Installer /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

Sierra automatically creates a CoreStorage volume(or did for me) so you'll need to follow that part of the guide too-
otherwise your clover installer can't mount the EFI partition.

E7450.zip

• Like 1

Clover/kexts/other

acpibatterymanager.kext 1.60.5 RehabMan
ApplePS2Controller.kext 1.5    EMlyDinEsHMG
FakeSMC.kext 6.18.1394 netkas
IntelBacklight.kext 1.0.10
IntelMausiEthernet.kext 2.1.0d5 LauraM

L/E/
ACPIPoller.kext 0.8.1 RehabMan
AppleBackLightInjector.kext 0.9.0 RehabMan
AppleHDA_ALC293.kext 9267.0 12,188 bytes
CodecCommander.kext 2.6.1 TimeWalker/RehabMan
DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext 2.1

S/L/E
BcrmFirmwareRepo.kext 2.2.7
BcrmPatchRAM2.kext 2.2.7
EAPDFix.kext 2.3 EMlyDinEsHMG
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext 1.3.7
FakePCIID_Intel_Graphics.kext 1.3.7
FakePCIID.kext 1.3.7

(I am rumster, forgot my login for that acc, just updating and de-bugging the hackintosh process again in 2017 in preparation for 10.13)

SSDT files: 

SSDT.AML(pregenerated for i5-5300U)

SSDT 0-3,7-11.AML SSDT-PNLF.AML, _DSDT.AML

Ok, so, using files I got from other bootpack guides on this website, and my own, I have once again gone through the

linux - windows - OS X yearly power cycle. This attached bootpack represents a baseline. It does not represent

the best potential we can get out of this PC model or the system drivers available, but it works and is virtually bug-free.

Once more, all of the existing instructions that I posted here apply.

Additionally, there were more specifics.

When the OS X installer crashes, you kill it and open the disk utility and command prompt, quickly, at the same time.

Once they are open : 

mount -u -w /dev/[drive of usb media]
hdiutil mount BaseSystem.dmg
cd
/Volumes/OS X Base System/SystemInstallation/CDIS/macOS Installer.app/Contents/macOS/

*at this point run ps -e and then kill -s any process that is installer related. If you don't, the next

command will open a window in the background that you can't see.
./macOS\ Installer /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

​I know this is bizzare- but click the mount button a whole bunch of times for the partition once

the partition is unmounted. The disk utility will then eventually crash, but the installer will proceed.