E7450 Touchpad driver

und

Thanks to the guides on this forum I have managed to install macOS Sierra on my Latitude E7450. The thing that is bugging me is that the touchpad is not very smooth, especially when scrolling, which makes the laptop hard to use without a mouse. I tried installing the latest Alps driver by Dr. Hurt but I don't think I have been able to get it working as there is no difference in performance, and still no trackpad detected in system settings. Just wondering if someone can help me get everything working smoothly. Thanks!

It seems I was a bit hasty with starting this topic. I have managed to get the driver working (I am not sure if it was removing ApplePS2Controller.kext from the EFI folder or installing the driver there that did the trick, but clearly one of them worked. However, the track point and the three buttons basically do not work now. Is there any way to fix that, or is that expected from using this driver?

• Moderators

Yes, you shouldn't be running 2 PS2 kext at the same time. If you have issue with Dr Hurts kext, you should post your issue there.

Please read through his updates thoroughly before posting the same question he had answered.

You should start with the last 4-5 pages regard version 7 and 8.