E6230 Fine tuning Sierra (Audio+CPU+booting bug)

misterju

Hi all specially to the master Hervé where i based all my progress,  after several days of research and looking other methods I finally succeed installing sierra in my laptop, I've already done in other several, but every new one is a new world with lots of exceptions... First of all I have to admit that we normally  do wrong things because we don't read carefully,  after that I write some of my final doubts after reading other post and have not found the right answer to my problem...

- First , I have a problem with the sound, I’ve downloaded the patched apple HDA and from the audio last audio post and still have no sound,  also fixed permissions and cache throw terminal twice but no sound atm.  don’t know if i also need to mark any flag in chamaleon like (HDA ENABLER)

also one curiosity , have no idea how to replace binaries I think already replaced at the files I’ve downloaded, but what is the correct editor to find and replace things like Harvé said:

Find: 8419D411
Replace by: 00000000

Find: 8A19D411
Replace by: 00000000

Find: 8B19D411
replace by: DF761D11

(no idea where to find it inside the AppleHDA.kext packet)

Im not using CLOVER atm just the chamaleon installed with Default Enoch parameter

-2nd small problem I have the boot glitch where i see distorted apple screen during boot, don’t know how to fix it

-3rd fine tuning thing,   As I've read in Hervé guide  if you have different CPU you have to edit somehow with quoting :

"Pike R Alpha's SSDT generator tool and generate your own CPU-specific SSDT"

as I see my cpu is correctly show but as I see the multiplier should be different or maybe is trying to overclock my CPU and is failing anyway mine is i5-3320    instead of your 3340,  if you could explain how to do it because I tried to open the program to modify ssdt without good result and don’t want to break it :P

Thank you for your time , you are doing a great job !

• Moderators

If you had follow Hervé guide and bootpack for Sierra, everything should work, you just have to generate a different SSDT for your CPU. There's a link to his script in the same link.

If you're curious about the binary patching, use Hexfiend to open /AppleHDA/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

THanks Jake i think I got it working , i used pike under terminal and i guess i generate the correct SDT, just put it on the extra folder and it works :)

I think i followed the guide from beguining to end but still  have no sound... thats why I tryed to download kext to fix it,  do I need any special parameter on boot ?

also would like to know how to fix the distorted booting apple at the beguining

Thanks!

This is the screen Im talking about just before OSX DESKTOP

post-101620-0-09072100-1480015510_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Looking at his boot pack, you need to copy the AppleHDA in /Extra/Copy_to_SLE overwriting the one in /System/Library/Extensions.

Copy all the kexts in /Extra/Extensions to /Library/Extensions except NullCPUPowerManagement. Make sure to get the patched AICPM from the link he provided before rebooting.

Change KernelBooter_kexts to No in kernel.plist

Run from terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

There's a IOGraphicsFamily.kext in /Extra/Extensions, I believe should be patched for the boot glitch.

• Moderators

You'll get that if you don't have NullCPUPowermanagement in /L/E. 

Confirm that you have copy AICPM from here. Download the correct version, and place it in /System/Library/Extensions and run 

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -/

Yeah I've downloaded that patched AICPM (but i had to expand it under windows , under osx it sais  ERROR 1 operation not permitted) the 10.12.1 , the other can be expanded but my version is the latest

(EDITED if you unzip under terminal its OK)

you told to copy all but that kext, im going to copy and see what happens

(I did it and if I leave KerneBooter = NO it has a Kernel Panic again)  in yes it boots correctly as before

Note im having some errors with the permissions:

"/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

any idea about the sound ? :P