Unable to copy Extra to root of USB drive

webbos

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the USB stick to boot from for a D630 Intel. I've created the stick using the restore utility, and installed the latest Chameleon. I've downloaded the latest Extra file, but when I try and copy the folder to the USB stick, it gives me an error "The Item 'Extra' can't be replaced because it's invisible"

Can anyone help me out as to how I can get the Extra folder to the root of the USB stick ?

BTW, I'm a newbie Mac person, so please be gentle :)

Thanks.

• Administrators

to view hidden files you have to open terminal applications utilities terminal and type

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

then hit enter after that go to the apple on top left corner click on force quit then finder.... it will reboot all your open finder windows. then you will be able to see it.... to turn the feature off type NO at the end instead of YES

and again reset finder like explained above....

Thanks for the info. While waiting (which I do badly), I tried to delete the Extra folder using terminal commands that I found, and seriously screwed up. Instead of deleting them from the USB stick, I think I messed up something on the main Extra file on my D620 (the D630 was a new machine). I'm now trying to restore the D620 from a Time Machine backup but failing miserably. When / if I do manage to get the D620 back into working order, I will try your instructions.