e7240 El Capitan installed, boots black screen

moonman

Hi all. 

Have El Capitan installed via Clover on my e7240 / i5-4300 1.9 / Bios A10 / Full HD with touchscreen, and it was running great for about 2 weeks. 
I installed the Dr.Hurt modified touchpad driver and it was working well too. 

Today the pointer froze and I rebooted from the Apple menu via touchscreen. On reboot to Clover window, I proceeded as normal, the computer started to boot, got the Apple logo, then screen went black. I don't know if the boot continues behind the black screen but there is battery light activity. 

I booted from Clover in Safe Mode, get the verbose screen, which seems okay, then the screen gets a page of strings for about 5 minutes with:

sandbox dlrhelper (18) system policy: allow (0) file-write-unlink PK/install sandbox manager 
system software/901ec4be-9121-4414-bf89-bced73fbd74c.sandbox/root/applications/safari.app/Contents/Resources/ (and then all the different languages)

And then a page of strings (still continuing), always starting with:

sandbox dlrhelper (18) system policy: allow (0) file-write-unlink PK/install sandbox manager 
system software/901ec4be-9121-4414-bf89-bced73fbd74c.sandbox/root/system/library/privateframeworks/ (etc.)

=================

Any help greatly appreciated. 

P.S. update: boot finally completed after about 15 minutes, with screen artefacts at end of boot. Booted to desktop in Safe Boot, the screen flashed for a few seconds, then desktop appeared and it seems okay. 
Now that I am at desktop I hope I can make any necessary changes. Where should I begin? Thanks.

Thanks Bronxtech. 

I rebuild kernel cache with: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Not sure if that's the right command or need something more. 

Anyway, no change. Still get black screen. 

If I don't do anything and just hit boot at Clover, I get the Apple logo, then screen goes black right away. 

I can boot in safe mode. 

I didn't upgrade Clover, but I maybe solved the problem. At Clover screen I added option "disable display timeout" or something like that (don't remember now) and it booted up okay. 

I also added the patched Audio kext to /L/E because I lost audio at reboot, and now sound works fine. 

Quick question: do the Clover options at boot screen remain, or do they reset at next reboot? I mean, when I selected "disable display timeout", does it go back to "enable" at the next boot?