Where is the mirror for download Protector suite ?

Stefano62

Upek made a Protector Suite that works with most Biometric (fingerprint) readers, that are used in the Dell Latitudes. However, for a unknown reason Upek.com is down. We have pulled the most recent version out of our archives, and uploaded it again!

1. Download the â€Protector suite†for OS X, from our mirror.

2. Install it and run the application

3. Follow the instructions and you should be up and running in no time.

• Administrators

The software only seem to support the Upek biometric readers of the Dell D Series (I have it running on my old D430). It does not work for readers fitted to more recent Dell laptops such as the E Series for instance. It's a totally different piece of hardware.

I should have a copy of the software somewhere. If it fits as a post attachment, I'll upload it.

Obviously this Upek application only ran on laptops fitted with Upek's hardware accessory (older Dell, Lenovo, Sony, Acer and Asus models). I understand Upek was subsequently acquired by Apple and product support ceased.

• Administrators

Ok, I know it's been several years but let's clarify something immediately. We used and advocated Apek Protector Suite v2.0 on the old Latitude D Series up to Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

From Lion onwards, the software no longer ran and we used to advocate Authentec TrueSuite v5.5.0.5. That software certainly runs in Lion and ML, after which I 'm pretty sure development stopped. I can't remember testing it in Mavericks or beyond since I only have a biometric reader on my D430 and the buck stopped at Lion 10.7.5 (ML with MLPF).

http://web.archive.org/web/20130616232312/http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/Mac/TrueSuite.aspx#LiveTabsContent39073

In Mavericks It Works However It Loops The Login Screen will not pass further even in safe mode etc , So Unless you want to reinstall or manually remove the app from another machine using the hdd on it then dont bother I have several d830s with biometric which would be great to have them running in new os like sierra or el capitan but sadly im no coder only hardware