X62 (i7-5600u, HD5500) - El Capitan install issues?

flyingfishfinger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing to 0x4 gives me a pretty immediate KP,  see attached. CPU-based KP?. And yes, I had 0x3 before.

Also, not sure if this is relevant but I've found that the Clover theme which shows up at boot seems to change randomly.
Sometimes it's the metal grey Latitude background, but mostly it's the blurry Yosemite background. So far I haven't found a deterministic pattern of when either shows up, but I'm mentioning it here because setting the DVMT to 0x4 seems to have made the Latitude theme show up again, whereas for most previous boot attempts I got the Yosemite one.

R

post-66999-0-32992600-1482313546_thumb.png

• Moderators

Since changing the DVMT, the DSDT/SSDT have to be updated too.

Try booting without them with ig-platform-id set to 0x16260006.

If this works, then we could extract new DSDT/SSDT and then repatch them.

The theme changing is due to your Config file not having the theme set. So it's random. Enter Clover or what ever theme you want and it'll boot to that every time.

No, but at one point I think I did accidentally install Clover without the "install to ESP" box checked. That gave me an EFI folder at the root of the install, which I deleted. I just looked again, and there currently is an nvram.plist file at the root but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary. If I did accidentally install Clover to the root of the drive earlier, is there a way of undoing that, short of reinstalling the OS if deleting the folder didn't do it?

Jake:

I have never been able to boot to Desktop if I did not use VESA mode, regardless of platform-id or DVMT setting. 

You're suggesting sticking with 0x3, 16260002 and then what, temporarily emptying the "patched" folder, or what's the quickest way of booting without DSDT?

R

• Moderators

Either remove it from Patched folder and change Config.plist to disable DropOEM under SSDT or during boot in Clover Option.

Under ACPI patching, rename the DSDT.aml to Bios.aml, and under Tables Dropping, uncheck Drop all OEM SSDT and deselect all the SSDT-x.aml