DW1550: trouble getting Bluetooth to work in my D630

hackie1056

i have followed all guides Admin herve provided and i am unable to get bluetooth working is there any possiblity i can ask someone who knows more on kext editing to help me correct this issue 

0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation Unknown device [14e4:43b1] (rev 03) 

If Someone Can Edit the Kext Required To Get This Card functional most appreciated 

Kind Regards 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes , No function on the bluetooth only the wifi works , i have tried all links or guides on this forum which clearly shows step by step on how to do it ,   i even installed windows to test the card fully make sure its not faulty and in windows both bluetooth & wifi is fine also in linux . so something is missing or i have done some error , if anyone can help me resolve this much appreciated 

Kind Regards

• Administrators

Can you explain the details of what you did regarding Rehabman's kexts? The process works perfectly for a DW380 (Broadcom BCM20702 chipset) so I don't see why it would be different on a DW1550 which is clearly mentioned in Rehabman's list of tested & supported devices.

Please post a zipped SysProfiler saved output.

• Administrators

Erm... your SysProfiler output is from Mavericks...  :? Not really what I was looking for. There is no sign of your DW1550 built-in BT module in your SysProfiler so it's clearly not registering as a USB device. I also note that you don't appear to use the latest optimised Mavericks' pack available here.

Can you please post the saved SysProfiler output taken from El Capitan or Sierra with the DW1550 installed and the CSR dongle taken off?  Whilst you're at it, also post:

1) your complete zipped /Extra folder (you're using Enoch, right?) without the Themes subfolder to minimise size

2) a saved IOReg output from IORegistryExplorer

(both from El Capitan or Sierra)

If you have an internal Bluetooth module such as a DW350 or DW360, disable the Internal Bluetooth in BIOS; otherwise, it'll take precedence...

Your USB ports & devices should look like this under Sierra:

D630_USB_#1.jpg D630_USB_#2.jpg

As a test, I installed a spare Apple BCM94360CD (Combo Wifi 802.11ac + BT 4.0 card) in the WWAN slot of my D630. As expected, the Bluetooth module of the card is properly detected and listed as an internal USB device:

D630_Combo_Wifi-BT4.0.jpg

Bronxteck , I do not know how you knew it but it worked :) perfectly with the existing kexts i have tried upon swapping the card in to the wwan slot in the bios it was not detected as wifi only a cellular device but upon booting in to osx both bluetooth also airport is perfect , Thank you so much for saving me time And perhaps others to with a similar issue as me can take note of this , I Always thought both the wlan slot also the wwan is the same but clearly it is not , 

Kind Regards