Windows Dualboot / Kernelpanic E7450

offficial_florin

Hello. I had a perfect running system with macOS 10.11 for almost 6 months. Today I upgraded to Sierra and it ruined all my setup. One kernel panic after another, Sierra is just not ready yet. Long story short: I need to work with that computer in Windows tommorow, thats why I install Windows 7 on it now. I have two problems now:

1, I have a installation disk and I installed macOS 10.11 succesfully two times with it. Now, when I start to boot is it gives me a kernel panic. Why??

2, Is there any way I can keep my now installed Windows 7 as a Dualboot to my tommorow installed macOS 10.11?

3, If no: How can I install macOS 10.11 and Windows 7 and what partitions and bootloader settings do I have to make for that?

Thanks for response and feedback.

Have a nice day!

• Moderators

You'll need the EFI Shell boot disk. Run setup_var 0x15b to see what value it outputs, same for 0x15c. If they are not 0x3, then change them.

In my experience while updating BIOS, the settings stick, but I read a member here said it somehow changed due to Windows update and not a bios update.

So it's better to be sure and check it.

You'll need the EFI Shell boot disk. Run setup_var 0x15b to see what value it outputs, same for 0x15c. If they are not 0x3, then change them.

In my experience while updating BIOS, the settings stick, but I read a member here said it somehow changed due to Windows update and not a bios update.

So it's better to be sure and check it.

After BIOS update settings will remain, but not if you reset your BIOS settings to defaults, then you need to change the 0x15c and 0x15b to 0x3 again.

• Like 1