Dell mobile Precision 7510 Intel hd530, black screen

ss2sameer

Does anyone have their USB-C 3.1 port working on their 7510? Display adapters seem to work fine through the port on mine, but I can't get any usb devices to show up in IOReg. USB Devices seem to be getting power, but that's about it. Is some sort of DSDT/SSDT methodology involving PCI0.RP05.PXSX needed?

Edit:
I've managed to get it working with the attached SSDT and DSDT hot patch, no hot-plug, connected on boot. Full disclosure: I found several versions for other dells and mixed together parts that seemed to make sense with my dsdt. There very well be much garbage code in the file. 

SSDT-TYPEC.aml.zip

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 7.53.32 PM.png

Edited by Kernel_Pan1c
added detail

On 9/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, ss2sameer said:

Hi

Dual gpu works with nvidia but bios resets to nvidia graphics only after every boot.

Dual Gpu with AMD graphics works without bios resets.

@ss2sameer can you post your clover config for dual graphics (HD530 + M1000M)? I've only had success disabling the HD530 in booting macOS. Would like to try your solution with both active. Thank you.

If you have enabled Hd530 correctly,  and not disable the Nvidia . Laptop will boot with HD530 with lcd attached on 530. the M1000m will be in standby, unless your software is able to use it. like Da Vinci resolve takes advantage of unused graphics card for processing.

21 hours ago, ss2sameer said:

If you have enabled Hd530 correctly,  and not disable the Nvidia . Laptop will boot with HD530 with lcd attached on 530. the M1000m will be in standby, unless your software is able to use it. like Da Vinci resolve takes advantage of unused graphics card for processing.

Yes,  I've enabled switchable graphics in the BIOS.  Problem it's black screening part way during macOS boot. If I disable the dGPU via UEFI variables (setup_var 0x3AB 0x0) then macOS boots and works OK. However, this method of disabling the dGPU does not powerdown the dGPU so decreases battery life. It would be nice to have the dGPU available for app processing as you mention.

Would you mind posting your Clover files so can test it with the M1000M enabled? I have the same 7510 - HD530 + M1000M system.