Dell mobile Precision 7510 Intel hd530, black screen

ss2sameer

@ss2sameer, yes I did:

# DVMT Pre-Allocated (0x432) from 32MB (0x1) to 96MB (0x3)
    setup_var 0x432 0x3

I added FixHeaders and now your config.plist boots macOS 10.13.5. Now The M1000M appears as an unitialized device. Loading Nvidia webdrivers complains of no Nvidia device. Loading CUDA drivers followed by running CUDA-Z says no CUDA device. So it seems the M1000M isn't being used??

@Jake Lo, made those changes with the resultant package here: Clover_Precision_7510_macOS-10-13-5_HD530_M1000M.zip

The result being on macOS 10.13.5:

- iGPU only - boots up OK

- dGPU only - boots up OK, M1000M correctly identified when Nvidia webdrivers are installed

- iGPU+dGPU (switchable) - black screens, then reboots itself.

Would ideally  like the iGPU+dGPU working, as @ss2sameer had a screengrab of both working together here. How to do this?

FYI, to get iGPU-only  mode without DSDT edits, though doesn't power down the dGPU:

# PEG0 - Enable Root Port (0x3AB) from Auto(0x2) to Disabled (0x0)
    setup_var 0x3AB 0x0

• Administrators

Having both GPUs listed under SysProfiler doesn't mean they're both working and active. In fact, it's not the case since Optimus is not supported under OS X/macOS. You can only have either/or.

@Jake Lo,  using your config.plist got it to boot and show both graphics cards. Thank you.

Using Geekbench get 18k for iGPU and 34k for M1000M computing. Nice.

Now to get sound working . . .

On 7/5/2017 at 8:06 AM, Jake Lo said:

Finally had some success with this system (Sierra 10.12.5).

Precision 7510 HD530/M2000M

Intel Core i7-6920HQ Quad Core 2.90GHz, 3.80GHz Turbo, 8MB 45W 

Bios version 1.12.4

UEFI
AHCI
Legacy Option ROMs - disabled (uncheck)
Enabled Switchable Graphics  (Check)
Discrete Graphics Controller Direct Output Mode - disabled (uncheck)
Secure Boot - disabled
TPM 1.2/2.0 - disabled
Disable all USB/LAN/WLAN/AC Wake Support
Replace Intel Wireless with DW1830/DW1560

Issue:
Reboot/Restart issue - Will just shuts down instead of restart.
Could be a good thing, it won’t reset BIOS to disable Switchable Graphics.

HD530 Full QE/CI
Nvidia M2000M disabled through DSDT patch
HDMI Video/Audio working
DP causes reboot (WIP)
Thunderbolt not tested

Install Clover Guide here
Bootpack can be found here
Update Clover to latest v4097 at time of writing

Hi, Jake. I have quite same hardware like you, installing Sierra 10.12.6. Almost function works well, except the most annoyed thing, black screen after waking from sleep. And graphic switching keeps reset, no matter what reboot or shutdown. These two issues prevent me from using my mackintosh as a daily laptop.

As of your post, it seems you doesn't have those, right? At least with shutdown, graphic switching is not disabled?

In that case, may I have any suggestion on a patch or something like that.

Attached is my clover config.

Report.zip

Mine is 1.15.4 version.

I also tried your bootpack before, but totally failed. It booted, but no QI/CE,  no sound, no wireless, no power management, no USB ports working, so I decided to build everything up from scratch, using Rehabman's F.A.Qs knowledge. I uploaded my problem report  package in previous post. Will you have a look and point out something I did wrong?

• Moderators

If you're not using the same version of BIOS, same BIOS settings as I had posted, then you can't say it's not working.

In your Current Config, you have fakeID for IntelGfx 0x19268086, should change it to 0x19168086 or just leave it off. That's why you don't have QE/CI.

Blank screen could be due to the Nvidia graphics still running. The discrete.aml file you have is to spoof the driver from loading(needed for HS/not El Capitan), but not fully disabled.

The BIOS resetting issue is known. However when I was using that bootpack with that BIOS version with that BIOS settings when I made this statement.

Issue:

Reboot/Restart issue - Will just shuts down instead of restart.

Could be a good thing, it won’t reset BIOS to disable Switchable Graphics.