Lost and confused trying to get sound working on Optiplex 9010

asr1981

Well the topic says it all.... I'm not having any luck at all getting any sound or sound device to show up in a fresh Sierra install on a Dell Optiplex 9010.    I've got graphics running smoothly, wifi working, and the only thing is I can't figure out what to do about getting sound.     I can't find anything specific about getting the ALC269 chip to work in macOS Sierra.    I've tried several different guides from several different websites,  and every reboot I used the -f boot flag.        I've tried editing the config.plist, trying different kexts, and after every failed attempt I would undo everything I changed and try something else.    But now my head hurts and I don't know where a good starting point is to try again.  Anyway I have a perfectly working copy of El Capitan working on the same machine if that is any help.  

If anyone might have any advice or recommendations that would be great....   I'm so confused, I don't know which kexts that I should be using and which kexts might be causing a conflict that I shouldn't be using.   I basically copied the kexts and clover config.plist from the El Capitan install to the new Sierra install and that could be messing things up from working.  

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks once again for any advice or help you might have. 

I tried to use your VoodooHDA kext but no luck. I did finally get sound by downloading the voodoohda installer but the sound is full of static all the time. After that  I tried your kext again in hopes of getting rid of the static but it took the audio device away again so I had to run the voodoo installer again.   Any suggestions on how to remove the static?

• Moderators

Reason Bronxteck's attachment is not working for you is because it didn't include the AppleHDADisabler.kext. VoodooHDA installer includes the disabler, but the included VoodooHDA is not tweaked to work on this system. Just replace the packaged VoodooHDA with Bronxteck's version.

• Administrators

this line might be why it does not load

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
it might need to be 
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

if not then use the default VoodooHDA key and string values 

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x04030000&0xffff0000</string>

and remove mine

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x80861E20</string>

my string value is the device id i get for my 9010 audio from DPCI Manger app