Latitude 6430u, El Capitan, Clover - black screen

wonder2

Latitude 6430u, i7-3687U

BIOS A4, AHCI, UEFI

Intel HD 4000 (1366x768)

Hi guys,

I am following instructions from Dell Latitude/Inspiron/Precision - El Capitan Clover Guide. I used bootpack for E6230, Clover boots, after I press Install OS X, the progress bar reaches about 50% and then I get black screen.

What can I do next?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Seems your graphics are not initialising. You seem to run a really old BIOS version on that 6430u. I'd invite you to update but remember that you may not be able to run past a given version like on the E6x30 Series. Try out latest version A11 anyway.

Bear in mind that the Latitude 6430u is not an 'E' model even though it's close in terms of specs (it's specifically based on ULV CPUs). As such, I'm not 100% certain that you can re-use the DSDT of the E6x30 series. Have a look at the existing threads related to the Latitude 6430u in this very section.

Refer to this old Mavericks guide for reference (especially DSDT): https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7133-dell-latitude-6430u-with-i7-3667u-hd-4000-mavericks-1094/?hl=6430u

• Moderators

I successfully install Sierra on 6430u with Clover loader. Had to use BIOS A06, anything over is causing artifacts like the E6x30 series.

Follow my Clover guide and use bootpack in post #2

Working:

HD4000 QE/CI

SDcard reader

HDMI Video/audio

internal speaker/headphone

Sleep/Wake

LAN

Wireless - have to be replace with a supported card

Using generic mouse until full support Alps touchpad from DrHurt is tested.