M4600: patch for SD card reader

Adam55

• Administrators

You'll find out if it works once you've tried it and you can do no harm in trying.

If your device is directly attached to a device called IOPP, then patch that. Do not focus on any device called PXSX, that was just what the OP's DSDT device was called and, as it happens, it's a device name under which SD card readers are often defined in the DSDT of many Dell laptops. However, it's not systematic.

If in doubt, please post zipped copies of your saved IORegistry output and of your DSDT.

• Administrators

Try the attached revised DSDT. I suggest you save it alongside your existing one under a name like "DSDT2" and that you manually call it at bootloader level.

It's been patched with a new device SDXC added under RP08 at address 0x01 as per IOReg info, i.e. it applies to O2 Micro device 1217,8320. Test this with VoodooSDHC kext removed but no guarantee it'll work of course...

Revised_DSDT.aml.zip

I wouldn't mind a zipped copy of your saved SysProfiler output. I'm wondering if your SD card reader wouldn't be USB-internal. Do you have a copy of your raw BIOS tables too (DSDT + SSDTs)?

When I used the revised DSDT I can see Built in Card Reader Device in System Profiler but it doesn't work. It isn't hot swappable and when I boot with a SD card inserted I get an error about uninitialized disk. Size is good but no partitions. Here are DSDTs, SSDTs, SysProfs and IOReg. 

Zip.zip