[SOLVED] E6420 and osx sierra

Ami

Hi everyone!

Now I'm trying to arrange dell e6420 with sierra.

i've installed the osx sierra (with -x -v flags in clover - other variant didn't start the installation).

Now i've got some troubles - i've installed Clover to ssd partition 'n made the default boot volume. Clover starts, and when i use -v flag i've got the fault, system does'n boot - picture attached. Also i've attached the clover folder (just in case).

Nevertheless i can boot from usb stick. In this case keyboard and integrate mouse aren't work, sound is missed, wifi is working (i've changed the wifi card to the right one) and there is some artifacts with screen.

Will someone help me out? will be very appriciate. 

CLOVER.zip

post-102881-0-71078500-1482687760_thumb.jpeg

I looked through whole guide section.

I choose https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/

Made every step very carefully; generated ssdt.aml 'n place it to the patched folder at efi.

The result - laptop boots with clover. I'm not sure with some flags or not. I mean I ain't use any of that but it could be possible there use some common flag. 

I've changed ordinary ps2 kext to Dr Hurt's PS2 controller kext as you told me so keyboard and touchpad works.

But:

1. usb doesn't work anymore
  2. sound doesn't work
  3. battery icon is crossed but battery works
  4. not sure about sleep
  5. some other features I'm sure I haven't found yet

Will you help me to solve this problems please?​

I've taken only audio from LE, put in L/E/, rebut cache and fix permission as it was written in guid.

The result is:

MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$  sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

Password:
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$ sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$ sudo touch -f /L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$ sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$ sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$ sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$ sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext lspcidrv.kext
KernelCache ID: 4CDEB4486433BF326174C9B26F805524
File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[677] exited with status 77.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
MacBook-Pro-Ami:~ ami$
 And there is no sound yet.
By the way my bios is A08. 
What shell I do?
There are still some problems:
  1. usb ain't work
  2. sound is not working
  3. battery status is shown in propriety way (the icon shows the % of battery but when I unplug the power source laptop still works, but the the icon says there is no battery and when I plug the connector in the brightness become higher than it was before)

I've read almost everything I could find in the guid branch but I trully can not solve this points by myself. Need help please. 

• Administrators

If/when you get the "exit with status 77" message, just re-type the touch + kextcache commands to properly rebuild your cache. It did not so you won't have audio until cache is rebuilt.

The IDT dummy kext can go to /L/E but the patched AppleHDA must go to /S/L/E or it won't load and get cached.