[SOLVED] E6420 and osx sierra

Ami

Just noticed the thread.  Just wondering Ami, did you upgrade from a previous version (el capitan or yosemite)   I had the same problem and apparently what happened to me was that on El Capitan I was using a patched AppleHDA.kext and it was installed in  S/L/E but once I upgraded to Sierra for some reason that kext was not updated and as such I didn't have the Vanilla AppleHDA.kext.  So I deleted that file and retook the upgrade again.  This time since there was no AppleHDA it reintalled a fresh vanilla one.  Sound worked perfectly then with Jake Lo's and Herve's reccomendations.  So maybe that is the reason you're having issues.  Not sure though.  

• Moderators

Ami's issue has been resolved. First he didn't have the DSDT in place. Second, the dummyHDA was not loading, but after a reboot, repair permission and rebuild cache, sound started working. The DSDT also fixed the battery status and USB issue.

• Like 1

Everything is working from yesterday. Think next step will be replacement of the existing Ssd (intel 535 120GB) to the Crucial MX300 275GB. But I think I could challenge everything by my own in the end (new installation I mean; l've got everything now).

Thanks everyone who took part in thread.

Special thanks to Jake Lo.