[SOLVED] Black screen on e6420 Sierra upgrade

someitalian123

• Moderators

Ahhh, just continue using that DSDT since it's patched for your system.

HDMI audio is suppose to run on the HDMI device, not the on-board speakers. If you want it to run on the on-board speaker, just select it from audio preference.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

I mean the output on the terminal when you ran the script. You suppose to run the script from the terminal and not double click it.

Launch terminal, type sudo follow by a space and drag the script to the terminal so it looks like this

sudo permission.sh

Sorry, I misunderstood. Here you go.

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
KernelCache ID: 262A522CE5DA9D9D468623F699E13C57
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
Finished

I don't have either of those installed. I never touched AppleHDA  when I was running El Capitan, but IDK what exactly AppleHDAIDT does. Does AppleHDAIDT patch AppleHDA on boot or something, should I try to install a fresh AppleHDA by downloading the Sierra installer and extracting it from there? I'm sorry I don't have a strong technical knowledge about this.