lance26

EDP on Sierra

Will you provide support on Sierra? I tried upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra but I didn't know EDP doesn't work yet on Sierra. Now I'm having a real hard time on post installation because most tutorials for Sierra are about Clover and I still use Chameleon (Enoch). 

what machine model? most files should still work except for maybe ps2 kexts causing kp. or kernel / kext patches for chameleon. Herve usually keeps the kernels and kexts updated for chameleon use on the forum if you search

I also upgraded to Sierra and the only problem I'm having is sound. I tried installing EDP so I can do postinstallation. EDP Launcher shows up in Applications but the EDPLaunch.app is not installed.

Simons-MacBook-Pro:~ simonsaba$ open --hide /Extra/EDP/bin/EDPLaunch.app
The file /Extra/EDP/bin/EDPLaunch.app does not exist.

attachicon.gifSTOP.jpg

Guys, not here please. Take non-EDP issues (here audio) to the relevant support section.

So if you read my question, it is an EDP issue. I ask why there is the EDP launcher in applications but the installer doesn't install the app in extras. Without the EDP application, I can't do post installation which may be the reason why the audio doesn't work.

Can you help or should I go elsewhere?

The matter you reported about EDP under Sierra has been duly noted.

Now since you need support to get audio working, please create a new thread for your model in the relevant support section and don't forget to list your system's specs. EDP is not magic, it only automates post-installation tuning process for supported/integrated systems. You will have to do this tuning manually in the present case and will learn how it's done along the way...