MSI U100 webcam in SL

Andy

Hello,

In this MSI U100 netbook, the webcam is detected and works under 10.5.4, but not detected in 10.6.0 . I would like to know if there is a way to save the webcam kexts/etc from a 10.5.4 install, and then install them in 10.6.0 in the same netwbook. I did many hours of searching to find an kext for this webcam but could not locate one, hence my question. Please provide me with detail.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Indeed it is, i was just giving you a friendly advice, since i noticed that not no one had answered :)

What you can do is:

* Try and locate the kext(s) that worked with it before and use them again, sometimes 10.5 kexts works fine under 10.6

* Replace the cam with one that is known to work

* Check any of the wind forums, see if anyone else have an solution...

Personally. .i would go with no. 1 or 2 first :)

Indeed it is, i was just giving you a friendly advice, since i noticed that not no one had answered :)

What you can do is:

* Try and locate the kext(s) that worked with it before and use them again, sometimes 10.5 kexts works fine under 10.6

* Replace the cam with one that is known to work

* Check any of the wind forums, see if anyone else have an solution...

Personally. .i would go with no. 1 or 2 first :)

In case anyone else is interested, for other reasons ( touchpad/kB), I had to reinstall a couple of more times, and webcam is now detected and works in Ichat, is detected in Photobooth but does not work. But since mic or line in has been reported non-working for MSI U100, there is no real use for the webcam now.

Thanks