[SOLVED] E5430 - macOS Sierra HDMI

peluko

Hello. I've installed Sierra on an e5430 (vPro, 1600x900, A12 BIOS). I've used the e5530 bootpack from clover guide and it works well enough. But HDMI output is not working. I'm trying to enable it, but I don't know exactly what to do. One thing I've tried is to use the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from here, but it does the machine to crash if I don't boot in safe mode. In safe mode it makes HDMI to work, but I have glitches and freezes.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Moderators

Add this to KextToPatch in Config file and restore the vanilla AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Patch HDMI-DP port HD4000 1600x900 #2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
MAIAAAAAAAABAAAAQAAAAAAAAAABAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAB
AAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
MAIAAAIFAAAACAAABgAAAAMEAAAABAAAgQAAAAQGAAAA
BAAAgQAAAAAAAAAAAgAR
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Patch HDMI-DP port HD4000 1600x900 # 1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BABmAQEDAQEAAAAC
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BABmAQECBAIAAAAE
</data>
</dict>

Hello Jake. I already have this on config.plist. I've used the e5530 bootpack and the patch are already in.

I've noticed that it works fine with internal display, but as soon as I connect and HDMI display, the computer crashes and reboots instantly.

Thanks.

Hello again. Now it's working!! I've just changed the 'ig-platform-id' on config.plist from 01660004 to 01660009 and it's working (for 30 minutes flawlessly).

Now let's got for the sound, the e5530 bootpack doesn't work for sound. What could I try?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Did you place AppleHDA_IDT.kext to /Library/Extensions and repair permission and rebuild cache?

Make sure that there's no error when you rebuild cache. If you encounter 77, rerun the last 2 commands, if 17, it's fine.

Hello again, Jake. Yes, I've installed it, and I've rebuilt cache, getting error 17, but it's not working. But while trying I've noticed something. The problem with the HDMI video output wasn't the ig-platform-id, the problem is with the sound driver.

When I changed ig-platform-id to 01660009, I also installed the AppleALC kexts to get some audio meanwhile, and in the next reboot worked audio and HDMI video output. But what was enabling HDMI was the AppleALC kext, not the ig-platform-id. Now, trying to reinstall AppleHDA_IDT to check if I rebuilt caches correctly, I was getting again the problem with HDMI. I've turned again to AppleALC (and turned ig-platform-id to 01660004) and I've got working HDMI.